Hip Pain Treatment Clinic in Jersey City, NJ
If you feel problems like hip pain at night, outer hip pain, hip pain when sitting, or hip pain when walking, then visit our specialist today at Harborside Sport & Spine! For more details please call us or book an appointment online. We serve patients from Jersey City, NJ and surrounding areas.
Table of Contents:
At Harborside Sport & Spine, our team of specialists will gladly provide treatment for your hip pain. We have a team of chiropractors, physical therapists, acupuncture specialists, massage therapists, and more. Our specialists will treat your hip pain with care and expertise, according to the nature of your hip pain.
There are a number of different reasons for why you could be experiencing hip pain, depending on your age, physical activity, and more. Specific and common causes of hip pain include:
● Arthritis: There are a few different types of arthritis that affect the hips. The most common are rheumatoid or inflammatory arthritis and osteoarthritis. With arthritis affecting the hip, the hip joint becomes inflamed and the cartilage cushioning your hip bone breaks down. Unlike osteoarthritis, which typically affects elderly individuals, rheumatoid and inflammatory arthritis affect people of all ages.
● Bursitis: With bursitis, the bursae sacs that ease the friction between the bones, muscles, and tendons in your hip become inflamed. If you have bursitis, you are most likely experiencing pain on the outside tissue of your hip, thigh, or buttocks. As we age, we become more at risk of developing bursitis.
● Sports Hernia: Another term for sports hernia is “athletic pubalgia.” A sports hernia occurs in the groin area, with strained or torn soft tissue such as a muscle, tendon, or ligament. If twisting and turning causes pain in your hip and groin area, there is a fair chance that you have a sports hernia.
● Hip Labral Tear: a hip labral tear occurs with a rip in the cartilage that forms a ring around your hip socket, or acetabulum. Common causes of a hip labral tear include trauma to the hip from activity involving repetitive and high-impact movement of the hip, structural issues, and osteoarthritis. If you have a hip labral tear, you might experience stiffness and pain in the hip, groin, and buttocks area, a clicking sensation when you move your hip, and unsteadiness on your feet.
● Sciatica: A problem with your sciatic nerve might be the culprit for your hip pain. Your sciatic nerve runs from your lower back through your hips, buttocks, and down through each leg. If pressure is placed on your sciatic nerve, you will likely feel a radiating pain in your lower back, hips, and thighs. This pain ranges from a mild ache to jolts of excruciating pain. If you are pregnant, middle-aged, have spine abnormalities or diabetes, you are at higher risk of developing sciatica.
At Harborside Sport & Spine, we provide extensive treatment for your hip pain. Depending on your diagnosis, we offer you the following services:
● Physical Therapy: With physical therapy, we will help improve your range of motion, analyze your gait, mobilize soft tissue, provide stretching and flexibility exercises, and more.
● Chiropractic Therapy: Our certified chiropractors can help you with spinal and joint mobilization, rehabilitative exercises, diet regimens to help reduce inflammation, as well as joint taping or bracing for your affected area.
● Massage Therapy: The benefits of massage therapy for hip pain include improved blood flow to the affected area, improved mobility, and relaxed muscles.
● Spinal Decompression: If you suffer from Sciatica, spinal decompression is a great option.
● Acupuncture: A number of hip problems can be helped with acupuncture, such as bursitis, osteoarthritis, sciatica, and more.
Spinal decompression therapy gently stretches out your back and spine to change your spinal position using motorized traction. This procedure helps relieve pain and pressure put on your spine. By stretching out your spine, spinal decompression can help reduce the pressure on your sciatic nerve.
However, if you are pregnant, have osteoporosis, a fracture, or a tumor, spinal decompression therapy is not recommended. Physical, chiropractic and massage therapy are all good options if you suffer from sciatica and have one of the above conditions.
If you suffer from hip pain, or would like to learn more about our services, and live in or nearby Jersey City, NJ, we welcome you to contact us for an appointment with one of our specialists. You can call one of our friendly receptionists to make an appointment, or you can request an appointment online! We serve patients from Jersey City NJ, Hoboken NJ, Kearny NJ, Newark NJ, Belleville NJ, Lyndhurst NJ, East Orange NJ and Elizabeth NJ.