Physical Therapy in Jersey City, NJ
Physical therapy is beneficial for improving the ability to move, reduce or manage pain, restore function, or prevent disability. Our team of professionals is experienced in helping people gain strength. Contact us today or book an online appointment to meet with one of our physical therapists, or visit our clinic conveniently. We serve patients from Jersey City, NJ and surrounding areas.
Table of Contents:
Injuries are an everyday occurrence, and fortunately, most of the time they are minor and cause minimal pain that goes away after a couple of minutes or even within a few seconds. However, some injuries, particularly soft-tissue injuries affecting the musculoskeletal system, like ligament sprains, tendon strains, and muscle strains, can be debilitating and negatively impact your mobility and range of motion. In these situations, it is imperative to undergo physical therapy, as this type of rehabilitation focuses on restoring function, improving mobility, and enhancing the quality of life.
There are a number of roles and responsibilities of a physical therapist; their main duties include:
• Evaluation — To determine how to approach your situation, a physical therapist relies on a thorough understanding of a patient’s medical history. They review all potential threats and look beyond your immediate source of pain, using standardized tests and measures to conduct an in-depth evaluation that rules out other potential issues while focusing on the main problem at hand.
• Diagnosis — A physical therapist develops their treatment based on the information obtained from your medical history, as well as the standardized tests and measurements. Physical therapists diagnose dysfunctions of movement and help develop highly individualized and the most efficacious treatment plans for their patients.
• Treatment — By creating unique programs that are tailored to the needs of their patients, physical therapists help relieve pain and restore mobility. Within one treatment session, a physical therapist can find a solution to your pain. They often work with individuals longer than four months who need rehabilitation after undergoing major surgery or trauma. They also assist patients with the use of mobility equipment such as walkers or wheelchairs, as well as how to adapt to using them in everyday life.
• Prevention — One of the most crucial roles of a physical therapist is formulating programs that promote the fitness, good health, and overall well-being of their patients. Physical therapists teach you the best way to live without pain through personalized exercises and restored movement pattern techniques.
Each treatment plan is tailored to meet the goals and needs of the patient, so the exact contents of physical therapy can look very different from one situation to the next. However, there are many modalities that physical therapists use to help their patients improve their physical health and enhance their quality of life. These main components include:
• Improve Mobility — Regardless of their age, physical therapy can help people who have difficulties with movement through the development of personalized exercises that stretch and strengthen your muscles.
• Reduce or Eliminate Pain — Therapeutic exercises, as well as hands-on therapy techniques, can help relieve pain and restore joint function, allowing you to live an improved quality of life.
• Improve Balance and Prevent Falls — To mimic real-life situations, a physical therapist provides exercises that safely challenge—and improve—your balance.
• Manage Age-Related Issues — Physical therapists can help patients manage their arthritic and other conditions conservatively and recover from joint replacement surgeries quicker, and with enhanced mobility and function.
Three main types of physical therapy are:
• Orthopedic Physical Therapy
• Neurological Physical Therapy
• Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Physical Therapy
If you are looking for a qualified and reputable physical therapy clinic in Jersey City, NJ, trust the trained and experienced professionals at Harborside Sport & Spine to take care of all of your physical therapy and injury recovery needs.
If you have been injured and your mobility and range of motion are impaired, come to Harborside Sport & Spine for professional care that will help restore you to normal health. Call us today or book an online appointment with one of our physical therapists, or visit our clinic conveniently. We serve patients from Jersey City NJ, Hoboken NJ, Kearny NJ, Newark NJ, Belleville NJ, Lyndhurst NJ, East Orange NJ and Elizabeth NJ.